I am board certified in adult psychiatry and a diplomat member of American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN). I am also a former faculty member at my alma mater, Griffin Memorial Residency Training Program in Norman Oklahoma.
As a psychiatrist, I specialize in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of mental health and emotional problems. I work with patients ages 18 and above. My expertise includes both psychopharmacology and psychotherapy.
I am a firm believer in a person’s autonomy, and I aim to build a strong therapeutic alliance with my patients to foster trusting and caring relationships. I have extensive experience working with patients of various acuity and complications listed below.
- Panic Disorder
- Sexuality and Gender Issues
- Schizophrenia and Psychosis
- Rawalpindi Medical College, Rawalpindi, Pakistan (MBBS)
- Masters of Health Administration and Policy Analysis, College of Public Health, OUHSC, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Griffin Memorial Hospital, Psychiatry Residency Training Program, Norman, Oklahoma, residency in adult psychiatry
- Conflict management and attachment styles
Publications and Presentations
- Hamdani, M.R. & Hamdani, N. Improving Job Experiences of Individuals with ASD. 2019 Academy of Management Annual Meeting in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Hamdani, M.R. & Hamdani, N. Conflict Management at Work. 2018 60th Midwest Academy of Management Conference in St Louis, Missouri.
- A 70-Year-Old with New-Onset Auditory and Visual Hallucination Najma Hamdani, MD, MHA; Afia Sadiq, MD; Merlyn Scoggin, MD, Psychiatric Annals. 2017;47(8):395-397
- Poster Presentation APA May 2015 Toronto, CN “Cyclobenzaprine Induce Acute Psychosis” Najma Hamdani, M.D., Merlyn Scoggin M.D.
- Poster Presentation APA May 2015 Toronto, CN “Evaluating the effectiveness of colocated primary care clinic on none medical outcomes in patients with mental illness” Brandon Ferrell, Najma Hamdani, M.D., Clayton Morris, M.D.
- Poster Presentation APA May 2014 NYC, NY “Case Report on Capgras Syndrome” Fariha Afzal, M.D., Najma Hamdani, M.D., Gloria Martz, D.O., Clayton Morris, M.D.
- Poster Presentation National Immunization Conference April 2010 Atlanta, Georgia “Evaluation of Oklahoma Child Care Audit Program” Charlotte D. Kabore’1, Don Blose2, Najma Hamdani2, Marrion Bolar2 , Ken Cadaret3
- Hamadani M., Tfayli A., Sethi S., Awab A., Hamdani N.: “Granulocytic sarcoma manifesting as multiple skeletal lesions.” Am J Med Sci. 2005 September; 330(3):139-143.